DASH - Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting, Product Range
DASH-2 will be published in March 2024 - combining DASH 17+ and DASH - register to stay updated!
Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting (DASH)
- Quick and easy to administer
- UK standardisation scores for normative comparison for Access Arrangements
- Ability to assess for planning and composition skills
- Supports the planning of targeted intervention programmes.
Complete kit includes:
- examiner’s manual
- laminated reproducible test cards
- a timer
- 25 record forms
- Record Forms (blue PK 25)
The DASH includes five subtests, each assessing a different aspect of handwriting speed.The subtests examine:
- Fine motor skills
- Precision skills
- The speed of producing well known symbolic material
- The ability to alter speed of performance on two tasks with identical content
- free writing competency.
Standardisation: Standardised subtest and composite scores are provided, based on a nationally stratified normative sample of over 500 children collected across the UK in 2006.
Age Range: 9 years to 16 years 11 months
Administration: Group or individual
Time testing: Complete battery: maximum 30 minutes
Author: Anna Barnett, Sheila E Henderson, Beverly Scheib and Joerg Schulz
Publication Year: 2007
Publisher: Pearson Clinical
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and will ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Looking to become an Access Arrangements Assessor? Learn how to use psychometric testing instruments effectively (CCET) and apply them in exam access arrangements (AAC) confidently and competently with the Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A).