Dyslexia Action Training
Dyslexia Action is a leading provider of accredited SpLD training. We have successfully delivered more than 15,000 courses to education professionals since 2010 and many more since we were first established in 1972.
Our innovative online courses strengthen the expertise and confidence of education professionals who support students with literacy difficulties, dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties (SpLDs).
Dyslexia Action students receive a 10% discount from the Dyslexia Action Shop.
Become a Specialist Teacher/Practitioner
You can opt to study either the Level 5 Diploma or the Level 7 Certificate
- Level 5 Diploma: Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties (DIST)
- Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate: Specialist Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties
The following programme is only open to those who already hold DACRT51, 56 or 67 or an eligible Level 5 or 7 SpLD qualification (under 5 years old) through Accreditation of Prior Learning:
Become a Specialist Teacher/Practitioner/Assessor
Assessment is a highly regulated area. You should already be a qualified Specialist SpLD teacher/practitioner BEFORE you can carry out training to become a Specialist assessor.
- Postgraduate Diploma Specialist Assessment and Teaching for Literacy-Related Difficulties
- MEd in Professional Practice in Dyslexia and Literacy – Two routes available
If you have gained a Level 5 or Level 7 SpLD Teaching qualification within the last 5 years and want to study to become a full assessor, please visit this dedicated page here.
Our CPD programme provides a flexible route to gaining specialist knowledge and practical skills. Units can be studied individually, grouped as an Award (3 units) or as a certificate (6 units).
- Level 4 Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DACPD51)
- Level 4 Supporting Individuals with Memory Weaknesses (DACPD52)
- Level 4 Structured, Cumulative Multisensory Tuition for Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD53)
- Level 4 Developing Reading Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD84)
- Level 4 Developing Writing Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD85)
- Level 4 Developing Spelling Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DACPD86)
- Level 4 Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DACPD91)
- Level 4 Developing Numeracy Skills in Learners with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia (DACPD99)
- Level 5 Supporting Study Skills in Adults with Dyslexia (DACPD92)
- Level 5 Developing Writing Skills in Adults with Dyslexia (DACPD93)
- Level 5 Dyslexia in Multilingual Settings (DACPD94)
- Level 5 Developing Literacy Skills with Assistive Technology (DACPD96)
- Level 5 SEMH The Emotionally Connected Classroom (RT00001)
- Level 4 Perspectives on Dyslexia (DAAWD51)
- Level 4 Developing Literacy Skills in Learners with Dyslexia (DAAWD52)
- Level 4 Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia (DAAWD67)
- Level 5 Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DAAWD59)
- Level 5 Learning Support for Adults with Dyslexia (DAAWD60)
Specialist courses for qualified professionals