Dyslexia Portfolio Product Range (DPORT)
Required qualificationsWorking in a school or college
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent
or Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG
or HCPC Registered Practising, Chartered, Clinical, Forensic or Educational Psychologist
or Psychologist, SaLT or OT
or Specialist Teacher/Tutor
The Dyslexia Portfolio is a more detailed assessment to support those that have already been screened as having dyslexic tendencies or whose literacy attainment is giving cause for concern.
- An individualised online report is automatically produced giving standardised statistical, graphical and narrative strengths and weaknesses data that can be used for next steps and intervention planning.
- An additional report can be generated for parents.
Complete kit includes:
- Includes manual
- All stimulus material
- Pupil booklets/record forms (5 PK)
- Dyslexia Portfolio Record Forms/Pupil Booklets (5 pk).
The following subtests are included:
- Single Word Reading: A version of GL Assessment's Single Word Reading Test.
- Single Word Spelling: Adapted from SingleWord Spelling Test with words on a common scale for selection by the teacher at each student's level.
- Reading Fluency: A silent reading exercise where the student is asked to answer 'yes' or 'no' to a series of statements (a timed test).
- Phoneme Deletion: Students are required to analyse how a word will sound without the initial, middle or final phoneme and say it aloud.
- Non-word Reading: A test that assesses the decoding of letter strings. Students read nonsense words from print.
- Rapid Picture Naming: Students are presented with a series of pictures of everyday objects and asked to name them (a timed test).
- Rate of Writing: Students are asked to copy from printed text and complete a free writing task from a given prompt (a timed test).
- Digit Recall Forwards: Students are required to repeat a string of digits that are given by the teacher.
- Digit Recall Backwards: Students are required to repeat backwards a string of digits that are given by the teacher.
Age range: 5 -16+ Years
Testing time: 40-60 minutes
Authors: Martin Turner
Published Date: 2008
Publisher: GL Assessment
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and will ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
- Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Looking to become an Access Arrangements Assessor? Learn how to use psychometric testing instruments effectively (CCET) and apply them in exam access arrangements (AAC) confidently and competently with the Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A).