Raven's Educational - Product Range, Progressive Matrices
Required qualificationsWorking in a school or college
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent
Raven's Educational Progressive Matrices
Raven's Educational Progressive Matrices and Vocabulary Scales assesses general cognitive abilities in children; focusing on non-verbal ability, an important feature for our ethnically diverse population, and the Vocabulary Scales provide scores in the verbal domain.
Two kits are available:
- Raven's - Educational Coloured Progressive Matrices (CPM)/Crichton Vocabulary Scale (CVS) complete kit
Individually administered test for children aged 4 to 11 years.
- Raven's - Educational Standard Progressive Matrices - Plus (SPM+)/Mill Hill Vocabulary Scale (MHV) complete kit
Individually and Group administered test for children and adolescents aged 7 to 18 years.
- Assess non-verbal and verbal aspect of general ability for children in the UK.
- Offers quick and valid results on cognitive function.
Depending on the chosen kit, your bag will includes:
- CPM/CVS or SPM+/MHV manual
- CPM or SPM+ stimulus booklet
- 25 CPM or SPM+ record forms
- 25 CVS or MHV record forms
- CVS or MHV word card
- CPM or SPM+ scoring acetate.
Author(s): John C Raven et al
Publication Year: 2008
Standardisation: UK (norm referenced on: CPM 640/SPM 940 Children)
Age Range: CPM / CVS: 4 to 11 years, SPM+ / MHV: 7 to 18 years
Administration: Individual or Group
Testing Time: 45 mins
*VAT is charged individually on items in this kit at 0% and 20% as some items are zero rated, therefore total VAT may not show a standard 20%
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and will ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
- Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).