TOMAL2 - Test of Memory and Learning - Product Range
Required qualificationsQTS/QTLS or equivalent and CCET Level 7
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and Assessment Qualification at Level 7 e.g. CPT3A
or Assessment Qualification at Level 7 e.g. CPT3A and HLTA Status
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and PGCert /PGDip/MA/MEd/MSc in SEN (including psychological assessment) SpLD APC or equivalent
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG
or BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject and Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG
or HCPC Registered Practising, Chartered, Clinical, Forensic or Educational Psychologist
or Psychologist, SaLT or OT
A standardised assessment offering comprehensive coverage of memory.
TOMAL2 - Test of Memory and Learning Kit
TOMAL2 is a standardised assessment offering comprehensive coverage of memory.
- Reduced administration time
- Additional analyses of cultural impact to ensure culturally fair assessment of memory
- Improved clarity of scoring and administration rules
- Now normed for children and adults, ages 5 years through 59-11
- Reformulated core subtests and core indexes
- Redesigned, convenient to use Record Booklet
- New Verbal Delayed Recall Index
- Additional interpretive tables and text
Complete TOMAL2 Kit Includes:
- Examiner’s Manual
- Picture Book A
- Picture Book B (with easel)
- 25 Profile Summary Forms
- 25 Examiner Record Booklets
- Delayed Recall Cue Cards
- Visual Selective Reminding Test Board
- 15 chips in vinyl envelope
- All in a sturdy storage box
- Examiner Record Booklets (Blue or Green PK 25)
- Profile Summary Forms (Blue or Green PK 25)
The TOMAL2 includes 8 core, 6 supplemental subtests, and 2 delayed recall tasks are designed to give information on specific and general aspects of memory and are used to derive the Core Indexes and the Supplementary Indexes.
- Memory for Stories (MFS)
- Facial Memory (FM)
- Word Selective Reminding (WSR)
- Visual Selective Reminding (VSR)
- Object Recall (OR)
- Abstract Visual Memory (AVM)
- Digits Forward (DF)
- Visual Sequential Memory (VSM)
- Paired Recall (PR)
- Memory for Location (MFL)
- Manual Imitation (MI)
- Letters Forward (LF)
- Digits Backward (DB) and Letters Backward (LB)
- 2 verbal delayed recall tasks and cued recall procedures.
- Verbal Memory Index
- Nonverbal Memory Index
- Composite Memory Index
- Verbal Delayed Recall Index
- Learning Index
- Attention and Concentration Index
- Sequential Memory Index
- Free Recall Index
- Associative Recall Index
TOMAL2 was normed on more than 1,900 children, adolescents, and adults ages 5-0 through 59-11, drawn from 31 states representing all major regions of the United States. The sample was designed to be representative of the U.S. population as a whole on gender, age, ethnicity, urban/rural residence, and geographic distribution.
Age Range: Now normed for children and adults Ages: 5-0 through 59-11
Testing Time: Core Battery 30 minutes; Core plus Supplementary 60 minutes
Author: Cecil R. Reynolds, Judith K. Voress
Published Date: 2007
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
- Develop your knowledge of TOMAL2 through a cycle of study, focused activity and reflection with this SASC approved Level 7 CPD course. Check availability of the next 'Examining The Test of Memory and Learning 2 TOMAL2 (DACPD802)'.
- Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Looking to become an Access Arrangements Assessor? Learn how to use psychometric testing instruments effectively (CCET) and apply them in exam access arrangements (AAC) confidently and competently with the Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A).
- Already a Specialist Teacher and looking to become a specialist assessor? Check out the Level 7 Professional Certificate in Assessment Practice for Dyslexia and Literacy, Module E: Assessment of Specific Learning Difficulty (Dyslexia) specifically looks at this assessment. Get 10% off of your copy with the Dyslexia Action Loan Scheme.