WRT5 - Wide Range Achievement Test, Product Range
Required qualificationsQTS/QTLS or equivalent and CCET Level 7
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and Assessment Qualification at Level 7 e.g. CPT3A
or Assessment Qualification at Level 7 e.g. CPT3A and HLTA Status
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and PGCert /PGDip/MA/MEd/MSc in SEN (including psychological assessment) SpLD APC or equivalent
or QTS/QTLS or equivalent and Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG
or BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject and Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG
or HCPC Registered Practising, Chartered, Clinical, Forensic or Educational Psychologist
or Psychologist, SaLT or OT
or Loan Scheme
Starting at £74.39 £61.99
Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT5), Fifth Edition
The Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT5) measures and monitors fundamental reading, spelling and maths skills.
The Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT5) is upgraded with data reflecting current populations based on recent US census information. Updates include:
- Improved identification of learning disabilities
- Streamlining of rules
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- Subtest improvements.
- Test learners of all ages using the same assessment
- Screen individuals or small groups (with some subtests) to help identify those requiring a more comprehensive academic achievement evaluation
- Administer only the subtests that are needed.
Complete Paper Kit includes:
- Norms Book
- Blue Record Forms (25)
- Blue Response Booklet (25)
- Green Record Form (25)
- Green Response Booklet (25)
- Blue Sentence Comprehension Forms (25)
- Green Sentence Comprehension Forms (25)
- Sentence Comprehension Card Set
- Word Reading/Spelling Card Set.
- Sentence Comprehension Record Forms (blue or green PK 25)
- Record Form/Response Booklet (blue or green PK 25)
- Efficient completion time—test can be completed in as little as 15 minutes for younger children and as little as 30 minutes for older children and adults
- Simple administration rules and clear scoring guidelines, contributing to accurate and timely data
- Grade-based start points, simple reversal rules, and clear discontinue rules.
The Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT5) provides derived scores and interpretive information for four subtests:
- Word Reading measures untimed letter identification and word recognition. The examinee reads aloud a list of letters/words
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and to comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence using an untimed modified cloze procedure. Each item requires the examinee to read (aloud or silently) a sentence with a word missing, and then say the word that best completes the sentence
- Spelling measures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit
- Maths Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral maths problems, and calculate written maths problems with a time limit. Problems are presented in a range of domains, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced operations
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores
Administration: Group or Individual
Age Range: 5 years to 85+ years.
Testing time: Approximately 15-25 minutes for ages 5-7 and 35-45 minutes for ages 8 and up.
Authors: Gary J Robertson & Gary S Wilkinson
Publication Date: 2017
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and will ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
- Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Looking to become an Access Arrangements Assessor? Learn how to use psychometric testing instruments effectively (CCET) and apply them in exam access arrangements (AAC) confidently and competently with the Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A).