FAM - Product Range, Feifer Assessment of Mathematics
Required qualificationsAssessment Qualification at Level 7 e.g. CPT3A and Sector Specific BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject
or Professional Body Membership e.g. DA Guild MDG and Sector Specific BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject
or CCET Level 7 and Sector Specific BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject
or PGCert /PGDip/MA/MEd/MSc in SEN (including psychological assessment) SpLD APC or equivalent and Sector Specific BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject
or Psychologist, SaLT or OT and Sector Specific BA (Hons) / B.Ed Hons or Bsc subject
or HCPC Registered Practising, Chartered, Clinical, Forensic or Educational Psychologist
or Specialist Teacher/Tutor
Examines the underlying neurodevelopmental processes that support proficient math skills
Starting at £30.00 £25.00
FAM - Feifer Assessment of Mathematics
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics (FAM) has been designed to assess the neurodevelopmental processes that support proficient math skills.
- New white paper now available
- FAM will assist practitioners in determining the presence of a general math learning disability (MLD) as well as the specific subtype of dyscalculia in order to better inform intervention decision making.
- Can be used in conjunction with more traditional achievement tests (e.g., the AAB) that measure overall math performance.
- Based on a neuropsychological paradigm, which dictates that multiple neural pathways underscore various cognitive processes used in mathematical problem solving.
- A separate screening form, ideal for progress monitoring, permits you to screen for dyscalculia and MLD and to identify the needs of at-risk students.
- FAM Professional Manual with Fast Guide
- 10 Examiner Record Forms
- 10 Examinee Response Forms
- Stimulus Book 1
- Stimulus Book 2
- FAM Examiner Record Forms (pkg/10)
- FAM Examinee Response Forms (pkg/10)
FAM offers 19 subtests, measuring a wide range of math skills including; retrieval, numeric and spatial memory, perceptual estimation skills, linguistic math concepts, and core number sense development. Examinees in preschool take nine subtests, examinees in Infants to Grade 2 take 14 subtests, and examinees in Grade 3 to college take 18 subtests.
Additionally, Feifer Assessment of Mathematics yields three index scores representing each dyscalculia subtype (Verbal Index, Procedural Index, and Semantic Index) as well as a Total Index score that represents total test performance.
- The Verbal Index score is a measure of automatic fact retrieval and the linguistic components of math.
- The Procedural Index score is a measure of a student's ability to count, order, and sequence numbers or mathematical procedures.
- The Semantic Index score is a measure of visual—spatial and conceptual components, including magnitude representation, patterns and relationships, higher-level mathematical problem solving, and number sense.
Choose to administer the full battery, only the subtests associated with an individual index, or only individual subtests.
The Feifer Assessment of Mathematics has been approved by STEC. Visit the SASC website to read additional information on this test battery.
Age range: 5 years to 21 years
Testing time: 35 minutes for PK; 50 minutes for K-Grade 2; 60 minutes for Grade 3+; 15 minutes for Screening Form
Standardisation: US - 1061 Preschool to College
Published date: 2013
Want to qualify to use this test?
Real Group offer a range of courses that will enhance your assessment skills, develop your role within SEN and ultimately enable your students to make effective progress, helping them achieve their goals.
- Take your competence in psychometric testing to the next level with the gold standard qualification for the education profession – Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Looking to become an Access Arrangements Assessor? Learn how to use psychometric testing instruments effectively (CCET) and apply them in exam access arrangements (AAC) confidently and competently with the Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A).
Publisher: PAR Inc.